direct from the farm
Sevenhills Wholefoods source their beans from tropical climates in South America, and only those of a premium variety, Criollo. The Theobroma cacao tree is sacred amongst the Mayans and Aztecs. Its fruit, the Cacao bean, is well-known as the basic ingredient in chocolate and has for centuries been forefront in native diets. Cacao beans contain over 300 active substances, including phenyl , ethylamine and serotine .
Cacao has a high content of antioxidants, and Raw Cacao Nibs especially retain all health benefits from the beans. Cacao Nibs are rich in a number of essential minerals, including magnesium, sulphur, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium and manganese.
• Premium quality organic raw cacao beans broken into pieces.
• Fairtrade - fairer trading conditions and opportunities for producers in developing countries.
• Nutritionally varied, contains essential minerals
• Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to retain vitamins and minerals
• 100% pure, UK Soil Association certified Organic, Vegan Society registered, Fairtrade certified, allergen free, gluten free
• Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, including the BBC Good Food Magazine, with Cacao Nibs featured in The Yoga Magazine's hot product list
"A nice crunchy addition to cereal or shakes. I don't find it all that bitter and I can taste chocolate in it. Worth a try."
The dietary profile has been known to support the maintenance of normal blood pressure, maintain healthy bones and teeth, reduce stress, tiredness and fatigue, help alleviate depression and even to aid in the process of weight loss.
INGREDIENTS: 100% organic Cacao Nibs from South America. No colours, binders, fillers or preservatives added.
SUGGESTED USE: Cacao nibs are a versatile food that can be added to many foods or alternatively eaten as a snack. Sevenhills Wholefoods recommends consuming up to 15g per day.
**N.B. WE MAY USE COMBINATIONS OF OUR SMALLER POUCHES SIZES TO FULFIL ORDERS OF LARGER POUCH SIZES.**